How to Add a Custom Domain with your Heroku subscription
To set up a custom domain with Heroku, please keep in mind your subscription plan must be at the Micro level or above. Once you have that plan enabled, please follow the directions below.
1) Log into the QuotaGuard Dashboard from Heroku and then go to the "Setup" section in top right menu.
2) Click the Inbound link (on left side).
3) Click on “Add Custom Domain”.
4) Type in your domain (ie: app.myqdomain.com) in the Custom Domain section.
If you want HTTPS, you can click the “SSL Required?” checkbox and provide us with your SSL files.
5) After creating the custom domain, you will get directions on how to update your DNS for the FQDN to point to the IP’s or URL we provided for you.
Also, you can test, without changing your DNS, by locally changing your DNS (ie: /etc/hosts in linux or OS X).
NOTE: Changes in our system on inbound proxies take up to 10 minutes to propagate.
Issues? Not seeing a change? Contact us at Support.